Do you struggle with how to overcome fear?
It’s amazing how fast it can creep in.
A simple thought can quickly go from my mind to my emotions in just seconds, causing me to buckle under the weight of its heaviness.
Knowing this, I try to be really intentional with casting down thoughts and making them obedient to Christ. (2 Cor. 10:5)
However, when life gets busy, I can tend to let my guard down and allow in some thoughts that give way to fear.
So the last few weeks, I’ve been pre-empting negative thoughts and going back to the basics of what I know about keeping fear at bay.
Maybe this sounds familiar to you and you’re ready to kick fear to the curb too?
Here are 3 Tips on How to Overcome Fear
1. Focus on who God is
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!Psalm 36:7 NLT
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.
- God is Sovereign and Mighty
- His LOVE is unfailing and covers us
- He is our Protector even when we don’t know that we need protection
- We can find refuge in Him through any storm
Being reminded of who God is, helps to combat fear in our lives. Rather than focusing on what could happen, our eyes are fixed on the One who works all things out for our good.
2. Worship Him in the Midst of Fear
Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.Psalm 100:1-3 NLT
Praise Him for:
- What He’s done
- What He’s doing
- All the things He will do
Thank Him for:
- His promises
- Unfailing and unconditional LOVE
- His ability to work all things out for your good
3. Pray & Declare His Word
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.Proverbs 18:21 NIV
There is power in our words. When we declare God’s Word over our lives, movement takes place…even if we don’t see it right away in the natural. One of the things that has helped me the most during fearful times has been using Fear Scripture Cards. I would write down scriptures on fear, place them in my purse and around my house, so that if fear reared its ugly head–I was prepared to confess the Word to combat it.
Recently I found myself wanting to get back into this routine of praying and declaring war on fear using God’s Word.
So I took my favorite scriptures on fear, wrote down some prayer declarations and turned them into pretty scripture cards that I could carry around with me.
And the best news???
They are available to you too!
About the Battling Fear Scripture Cards:
- Each Battling Fear Scripture Card contains a scripture on the front and a prayer declaration on the back.
- 10 double sided cards in the set
- 4×4 thick matte finish
- Study plastic poly string envelope for storing the cards included!
- USPS ground shipping 2-6 business days